Friday, January 1, 2010

so this is it...

I will be taking off for Australia in exactly 3 days from now. 11:50pm is when the flight leaves. January 4th. LAX. I'm not packed and not mentally prepared. It's like one of those infinite-finite things. Like where infinite can't understand finite. I honestly don't know what to think about it. Like Australia is INFINITE and I am FINITE. I will never be able to understand the things I will experience and go through over there, no matter how much I read or study, until I actually go through it. Hm. It's just like incomprehensible, as stupid as that sounds... ANYWAYS, I said bye to some family today and I have a few more goodbye dinners to go. Am I sad? No. I'll see them again, unless I die on my flight over...or maybe pull some crazy LOST crap... Who knows. Anyways, this is my first post of many on my blog. Definitely accounting for every adventure that I may end up in/on in Australia. It's gunna be nuts. I can't wait. First stop will be Cairns or something weird like that. Great Barrier Reef, Outback, and Jungle tours with Koalas and Kangaroos. It's just like a little culture integration program that AustraLearn puts all the students through so they get the "real" Australian experience and acculturation that they need, supposedly. Packing, see you laters, and a 15 hour flight are the only things that stand in my way till then. Yep. Blog you later. Peace :)

4 comments:

  1. I am so excited for your guys and so excited to hear all about your Australian adventures! Keep this thing updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you were young, you weren't much of an adventurer. It's amazing to see what the Creator has done in you! Capture every Aussie moment. I'll miss you! Mark 1:11

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. two people commented on my blog!? i feel loved...

    ReplyDelete
  4. CherylinCA10/1/10

    Oh, to be young and adventurous! Keep going around the world Matt! Love you sweetheart! Auntie Cheryl

    ReplyDelete