Tuesday, January 26, 2010

so check it...

We are finally moved into our HOME! So weird calling it home... My home is in Australia, for the next 3, possibly 4, hopefully 5, months. Yeah, I think I want to milk my student visa for everything it is worth. Australia is already the best time of my life (yes, I know all you loyal blog readers have probably read that 10+ times before) and I haven't even paddled out yet. Is that possible? Apparently.

So you know how like when you are watching a new reality TV show and the season is starting. Let's say the Bachelor. And all the girls are going into the new sexy house that they are going to stay in for like the next month, while they cat fight and drool over one stunning looking bloke? But anyways, they go into the house for their first time and they are running around screaming, calling their rooms and beds and crap. Yeah that was us. All four of us. Me two times, since I was first in and then when Jen and Molly had their go, I went for round two. Duh.

Okay, long pause, I just got thrown off.

Anyways, yeah so our house is dope. I haven't taken any pictures yet, but I am planning on doing an MTV Cribs-like clip of our house so everyone can see what's up. Yee. Get it. It's the real deal, and it's our/my house. So we moved in and the first thing we did was go out and have a feast on the roof. Went to Coles (grocery store), blew a couple hundred notes (bills), and bought food for a feast (garlic shrimp - seasoned steak - ranch salad - white rice - garlic bread). Threw some shrimp on the barbie, cracked open a coldie (XXXX Summer), and did my thing. It was serene and definitely one of the highlights of the trip. Chillin on the roof of our apartment, beach on one side, sunset on the other. Got that Rastafarian music playin in the background. So nice.

Next. I have a girlfriend. Yeah, I'm putting it on blast here. The lovely, drama-filled, emotional, fake blond, insecure, sensitive, stubborn, valley girl. She's mine. I fended off many good-looking, cut, athletic, instrumental, all around good guys (like Kip) to be with this AMAZING [she doesn't like that word :)] woman. After weighing out the pros and cons of dating this lady, I decided that the cons outweighed the pros so much that I should have never started talking to her. But oh well, I was in too deep so I just asked her out.

Just kidding.

Jen is definitely one of a kind in the best way possible. She makes me laugh (at her) all day long. I never know what to expect from her. She loves rice, sushi and luke warm water. She doesn't wear earrings because shes too sensitive. She doesn't look at prices when she shops. And she has a tattoo of a continent in which she's never been. Definitely special. I can talk to her all day, whether it be joking or deep, emotional, serious talks (just how she likes them). She loves the beach (crucial) but she's still a city girl. She's beautiful. She's low-key good at a lot of things I wouldn't ever even think about her trying and she loves Jesus. I'm in like.

Yesterday was Australia Day. Equivalent to the 4th of July for all you Americans. So yes, it was crackin. Nothing like throwing a little housewarming party three days late on Australia day. Yep. We had around 20 cool kids come over to our sweet little pad to kick it for the day and night of the best day of the year in Australia. What did we do? Oh the same thing we always do. Jumped up on the roof, bought 2 kilos of chicken, garlic and herb marinating sauce, made some rice, told people to bring other sides, and had yet ANOTHER feast at sunset. It was sweet. A bunch of friends just over at our new hot spot, guaranteed to happen again after how successful it went, just chillin and talking. Then when it got late we took it down to our apartment, got changed, jumped in the jacuzzi and went to the beach. Nothing like the beach at night. It was definitely another good day. Well that's been the theme of the trip so far, good days made easy by a five day weekend and two days of school. G'day mates. :)

4 comments:

  1. Congrats to you! We like Jen. I called it (in my heart)before Mom did. But Mom called it (verbally)...I'll give her that. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian Tsui26/1/10

    diggin ur lavish lifestyle~
    i wish i had a brew right now

    ReplyDelete
  3. You two look like a nice couple. That pad looks sweet. A little jealous of how happy you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shooooot! Must be niiice! =P Glad to hear/read you're still having the time of your life!!

    ReplyDelete