Friday, February 5, 2010

good day...

So Thursdays are the beginning of my weekends if y'all don't already know that. So here's how today went. Woke up at 12:30 pm, Nanae was at McDonald's using their internet, Molly is at Bond studying and doing a group project. Jen is at the apartment with me and we don't have anything to do, so we did an intense cleaning. Mopped the floors, did the dishes, cleaned all the trash and took it out, reorganized the living area, and everything else we could have possibly done. So we are all done cleaning and we decide that we want to do SOMETHING. Why not hop on a bus to Coolangatta, this place I've heard rumors about, but nothing special so why not. Here's how it went...


oh the plumerias...


random wild animal park place...


the best australian lollies...


cooly...


typical australia, right when you want a smoothie of course...


just our lovely home...


pure bliss...


they call it the "mile-long ride"...literally...


nandos. duh...


all day...


"gnar gnar"...


bragging rights...


two states in one day? why not...


sunset with the lady...


So the next day, yesterday, we went to Cooly again, because I just can't see waves like that and not ride them. Before we went we picked up a cool $180 short board shaped in Burleigh, so it has a special place in my heart. Booked it over to Cooly and paddled out. I ripped a bit on the short board, but definitely ate water
more than ripped it. Took out the Na Papa long board and rode a "mile-long ride" for real. I took the wave from the top of the bay to the bottom, and rode it for about a minute and a half, dropping in at like 3 different breaks on the same wave. For some reason I see a lot of Australia in my future.

1 comment:

  1. bRiaN tiSSue9/2/10

    Those look like some tiny waves brahh. Bragging rights my buttt hahaha

    ReplyDelete