Thursday, April 8, 2010

oh the monthy blog...

I guess all of my ever so loyal followers are wondering where my blogs posts have gone. I guess I am just a normal first time blogger. You know the kind of person that gets a blog and for the first month blogs 3-4 times a week out of pure excitement. Then the next month drops to 2 times a week, which is still great might I add. And then by the third month it’s one time a week. Now I am in my fourth month and it’s no times a week. But that is the world of blogging. Sort of like a journal. I flipped through it and I have a month and a half gap in it after loyally writing in it nearly 6 times a week. But now I like to tell myself I am back on track after writing it in two times a week for the past two weeks. In pink pen might I add.

But here is the reason I don’t feel the urge to blog. It is because after living on a new continent for 3 months, I am settled in. I do what I do. I wake up in the morning, either walk down to Miami or just take a few steps outside my doorstep to Burleigh for a nice little surf session. Come back, sit down and watch the travel and living channel as I eat my ever so creative breakfasts. It’s our favourite channel. Andrew Zimmerman with his bizarre foods, Kat Von D with her Tattoo’s , Ami from Miami Ink with his, that hilarious alcoholic guys name of the travel channel or maybe food network that experiences all the cultures, or some horribly produced Australian shows that I can’t take my eyes off of. Hit up school for a bit and then come back home and have a beer, or two, or three, or...ha.

And yeah, the beaches here are unreal. Beautiful would be an understatement. Perfection would almost suffice, but not quite. They got the perfect waves for the long boarders at Crrrrumbin where you don’t even want to ride the whole thing because the paddle back won’t be happening, to the host of the Quicksilver Pro Tour at Coolangatta, the second biggest surf competition in Australia, all within a 25 minute bus ride of me. And those are just the waves. Then we can talk about the most epic sunsets, even though it sets over the hinterland on the east coast, the sky turns literally hot pink, orangy orange, and royal purple on a daily basis. It just depends on where the best view is to see it. Or the squeaky fine white sand which Hawaii rivals. No joke. I could walk in it all day just to be amused by the noise it makes. The shells. The palm trees. The people.

This is normal now. No one likes to blog about normal, but when i think about it, maybe I should. Because my normal is different than your normal, and his normal is different than her normal.

So how about errbody scopes some pictures on the past month all around the Gold Coast.


St. Parties Day. Got Green?


Well of course we have to go to an Irish Pub and drink Guinness...duh. Oh and we won the free hats :)


Jens sister comes down and we go out. Karaoke.


You just got Summer'd


Karaoke...


Even on the cloudy days Burleigh is bonita.


Molly's sisters come down and we play mushroom. The biggest mushroom ever. It took 2 decks of cards.


Since Scott and Jamie always want the no pants party, we compromised with no shirts.


New roommate for Scott and Jamie. And a BUCKET PARTY!


Bucket parties make you dance on the fence.


Currumbin. Bonita.

Perfect sunset pic. Cliche.

1 comment:

  1. brian awesome tissue24/4/10

    is this the blog post that basically tells your readers you won't be blogging anymore?

    ReplyDelete